The Theory of Chaos

Wednesday, May 10, 2006

The importance of a sense of humor in your golden years

As I've said, my present temp assignment is for the Jewish Home for the Aging, which for all I can tell is quite a lovely facility. Today was the first day I've been able to work since last Wednesday, and the first full day since last Tuesday. I think I'm finally beating back this throat infection. Probably a blessing on all the residents that I stayed home.

Anyway, much of today's job involved typing data from admissions forms into a spreadsheet. One of the pages of the form requires prospective residents to provide an estimate of the amount and sources of any income they might have - Social Security, IRA, etc.

One heading is titled "Support From Children". In the space provided, one applicant wrote "Are You Kidding?"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home