The Theory of Chaos

Friday, February 15, 2008

'Scuse me while I whip this out

The other night I was playing poker with some movie-business types, and one of the other writers at the table expressed shock that I wasn't actually working on any scripts, that I was following strike rules to the letter and didn't have a little spec cooking on the sly. But it's true - I haven't written a page of screenplay since November.

But today, for the first time since then, I clicked on Final Draft, opened a screenplay file...and wrote. It wasn't much, maybe a page-and-a-half (so far; day ain't over yet), but it finally got me to the end of Act One, which is cause for some relief.


And just DOING it felt like having sex again after a long drought. Even if it ain't the best of my life, it sure beats all the jerkin' off I've been doing.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home