The Theory of Chaos

Friday, September 29, 2006

Photo Clearinghouse: May '05 - Eastern Sierras, Part I

Full post behind the jump

This marks the official abandonment of a couple long-standing projects. It’s been so long now, and the handwriting on my notepads so diabolically chicken-scratchy, that the planned travel diaries from last year’s fishing trips will have to remain unexpanded. I may toss a few choice anecdotes of manliness your way from time to time, but the full chronicle will remain unchronicled.


I imagine most of you can live with that.


However, I do have a considerable horde of purtyness recorded from those trips, so here’s the first of a couple of picture posts to finally share that backlog with you. I’ll include a little context if it turns out to be necessary.


So here’s a few from back in May of last year, and our trip up and down the Eastern Sierras. I’ve previously blogged about it
here, and here, and now we can begin to complete the pictorial record:



Did I mention it was really fracking cold?









Even in the harshest of elements, Primitive Man will seek means of expressing himself. Meet Frothy the Snowman:





Topaz Lake, on the California/Nevada border:



When you’re the only joint around, who needs a fancy name?



I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again, fishing ain’t always about landing fish. Here it is, on the 7th day, the first catch at last:



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home