The Theory of Chaos

Monday, January 15, 2007

In Other News, because we must always remember there is Other News

My agent "really" likes the new script. Notes so far are very nitpicky. This is an enormous difference from the last couple of scripts I've turned in.

Odd note - perhaps you can help me. The main character's name is "Louis Tolliver". For some reason she doesn't like the "Tolliver" part. She's Hollywood-savvy, yet I'm not sure what's behind this. Anyone else rubbed the wrong way by this name? Is there a name that's phonically nearby that sounds EVER SO MUCH BETTER?


It would be a rough universe where this sort of thing made the difference between riches and ruin, but if you knew this business like I do....


Last Movie I Saw
: Little Children. Review coming, after thoughts on 24 and (*maybe) the Golden Globes.

3 Comments:

  • I find the name conjures up images of a man who falls prey to a ruse engineered by Ralph Bellamy and Don Ameche. Or man harassed by Lilliputians. As far as a similar name goes, might I suggest Halliver, which screams "defense contractor", or the more utilitarian Runsible.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:24 PM  

  • Can this be the long-haired and elqouent Michael De Luca who used to intern for me in the halcyon days of Davis Filmworks? It sure sounds like it is...

    By Blogger Nicholas Thurkettle, at 8:42 AM  

  • It is I. I enjoy reading your incisive and impassioned reviews and of your creative travails. They provide a ray of hope for all us "non-sons" of Kasdan. I wish you the best. On a side note, the release of "The Good Sheperd" reminded me that Eric Roth's script was the first script you gave me to read(as a sample) during my internship. This thought filled me with a silent sort of awe. Nina Simone was right.
    "Who Knows Where The Time Goes?"
    Here's to the good fight.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home