The Theory of Chaos

Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Postponement

I've been geeking out over Oscar statistics and trivia all morning, trying to put together my annual rundown/predictions based on the nominees. And you'll still get it, but I can't finish it today, hearing the news about the death of Heath Ledger. He was a talent blossoming before our eyes, and in spite of his Oscar nomination for Brokeback Mountain I believe his best work was still ahead of him, and I had been looking forward to enjoying him on screen for the next thirty years.

Such a waste. Such a terrible waste. Even if they aren't classified as such, I consider almost all drug-related Hollywood deaths to be suicides.

1 Comments:

  • Talk about a punch in the gut. What could have Kurt Cobain accomplished had he lived? Probably would have made some more great music. Heath Ledger would have no doubt distinguished himself futher making exciting films with visionary directors, bu, now it's all gone. Now, one is given pause and is made to feel like Ennis holding that shirt: devastated.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home